The best thing for humankind since very long
Solidarity spreads, people start to talk to each other, they take care, offer support and help to others. It’s noticeable even in very individualistic societies like Germany, where until now many people only looked for their individual benefit. Though there are still people who buy food and cosmetics as if there was no tomorrow, but the forced immediate changes in interaction and communication trigger also reflections about value of life and mortality.
Many many people I’ve talked to in the last few days admitted to be scared. Communication and thought exchange was initiated which never would have happed without the thread by the virus.
Though currently many states are closing their borders and reverting back to isolationism, just because social distancing and prevention of people moving around seems to be the only measure against the virus, the international solidarity amongst people tremendously increases.
Especially in my job, where I communicate on a daily basis with people from various countries, I have the opportunity to directly experience the emotions of the people I interact with. The fear of the virus and sudden exposure to fear of death makes people talk, makes them express their concerns, fears, hopes, all emotions which are usually well hidden in the individual’s subconsciousness.
I expect the world will not be the same after the virus, I hope I will be still there and able to test if this prediction was correct. I even expect the world will turn to the better on a long perspective. So many people who have now been forced to think about their life, who have been exposed to their basic fears, this will not remain without impact.
In this sense the Virus is one of the best things what hat happened to humankind since very long as it reminds us to our true nature, our humanity.





Comments
Post a Comment