Few weeks ago I felt to run away from CORONA, just away. When I realized there is nowhere to hide as Corona is everywhere I tried to free-up my mind instead: It doesn’t make any difference where you are. You will not find more happiness anywhere else or more far away, you need to start to become happy right here and now.
With this change of mindset I enjoyed being at my home, I regularly did shorter or even longer walks in the forest nearby. I enjoyed birds singing, nature‘s spring outbreak; watching different shades of green. Every day I was able to follow vegetation's progression: buds, small flowers, full blooming, start of decay and snowfall of petals - all within a week or two.
I enjoyed watching all this, I’ve never before experienced spring development in this intensity.
It makes yourself experience flow of time, it reminds you to live in the very moment. You’re not able to keep it, gone is gone. So live here and now, don’t try to hide or run away. Water is not sweeter and grass is not greener somewhere else.
However I still have the desire to hike, to see, to experience new things, but the mindset is somehow different: the purpose is not „go somewhere else to arrive there“ but „start going and experience on the way“. According to Taoism „the path is the objective“.
Every second you are on your way and you are located anywhere. Experience and enjoy the moment and the place you are, it doesn't matter if you are on the move or taking a rest somewhere.
What else is reality than the very moment?
Past and future are imagination.
Only presence is reality.
In an ultimate step you can even leave presence behind, and you will be completely happy in Nothingness.
But the first steps towards nothingness are:
- forget the past, what’s gone is gone
- forget the future, don’t make plans
I’m still learning, trying to practice what I’m preaching, I’m a beginner.
Now I have 12 months or more ahead of me when I can learn to practice what I just stated.
No obligations, no schedule, no agenda....
I will use the time off to test different ways of living, ways to express myself, ways to develop myself, ways to get away from my prevalent rationalism, I will enjoy life.
One day writing, one day coding, one day laughing, one day taking pictures, one day teaching, one day driving, one day crying, one day meditating - all the time with open heart and open mind and all the time enjoying my life, because the next second it can be gone.

So live here and now, don’t try to hide or run away. Water is not sweeter and grass is not greener somewhere else.
ReplyDeleteVery true