Kreuzberg (2019)

Rest after heavy climb 2019




Sitting in the Monastery at Kreuzberg/Rhön, having a large alcohol-free beer and relaxing from a 7,5 km hike. I managed 510 height meter in 2 hrs 10 (from 340 m to 850 m). I’m very exhausted, it’s a hot day, even in the tree’s shadows in the forest it’s 26 degrees centigrade. During arrival at the monastery I immediately noticed the crowd of people who had parked their cars not even 500 m from here, and I remembered having had the same feeling decades ago when I came up here during one of my hiking tours (fully packed with sleeping bag, tent and cooking equipment).



Also then it was a strange feeling being the only person who had climbed the hill using his own muscle power while all the others simply drove up sitting in their big cars.

Thirty years ago the weather was rainy and rather cold, I still remember the good feeling sitting in the warm restaurant of the monastery.

During my trips I often had this kind of feeling not belonging to the crowd because I followed my way to accomplish challenges others would never even think about.

Sometimes I notice the staring, sometimes admiring, sometimes disgusted when I arrive with a big Rucksack or a heavy loaded bike at strange places, but often I simply feel being different.

That’s how I am, a friend of mine calls this „being strangely wired“.

Comments