Uphill to Kreuzberg
I have a high objective today, if I want to reach Fulda within this week I need to hurry-up a little.
At 7:00 some knocked at my door, it was the landlord of the hotel to wake me up, though I had only asked him yesterday from when I can have breakfast. Okay, i anyway wanted to get up at 7.
My path leads me to Würzburger Haus, which had rejected my request for a room last night, always uphill. From there it leads to Kissinger Hütte where I have a break within a swarm of wasps. The view to Kreuzberg would have been nice, but low clouds are covering the sight, I can only imagine the holy mountain there. Via high alms and meadows the path leads slightly down, only to rise again immediately to Kreuzberg. Shortly below the peak I have a short 15 minutes nap in the grass. Up there is a high whoopee ongoing, almost a fun fair atmosphere is welcoming me, nick-nack and trash is being sold and I can finally find postcards. All cards I buy are getting the Kreuzberg seal. In the church I‘m igniting a candle, thanking everything went well so far and even thunderstorm did not have much impact. Thanking whom?
In the monasterie‘s pub I order malty beer and rib-steak with coleslaw. With new power I can now climb to the cross on the very peak, view is way better than before, but in the wrong direction: Kissinger Hütte is still not visible. During way down I realize how tired I am, legs don’t want to obey my brain, from time to time I sprain my feet but I’m still not there. Again I need to pass another peak on a high meadow then finally downhill to Oberweißenbrunn. In the grocery shop I ask for the Manager of the youth campsite, a woman tells me he’s not yet there. I already walk ahead to the campsite (which is not occupied), have an hour of rest without setting-up my tent, hide the Rucksack and walk back to the village. The manager doesn’t have any objections („better than camping somewhere in the fields“). Back at the campsite I finally set-up my tent and take it very slowly after today‘s 24 km. In the distance I can hear again the military training site Wildflecken. Machine guns shooting continuously, detonations of cannons and a lot of helicopters flying back and forth even above innocent, tired hikers. I‘m totally exhausted falling into sleep very early today.
Greybeard puts his little notebook with all his trekking notes aside and remembers, he sad similar emotions after he had recently climbed this mountain again. Read Einkehr nach schwerem Anstieg 2019

Comments
Post a Comment